When completing a reservation with Benzini Campers, you confirm that you have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
The Car Rental Company – the car rental company is Benzini Campers AS
The Renter – the person stated on the front page of the Agreement, who received the Vehicle for use from the Car Rental Company
The Vehicle – Any car, camper or trailer rented out by the Car Rental Company
The Agreement – the rental agreement concluded between the Car Rental
Company and the Renter, which consists of the present Terms and Conditions
2) CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE VEHICLE
Only the Renter and/or other persons who were included in the Agreement by the Car Rental Company as additional drivers are allowed to drive the vehicle.
- The driver must be 19 years of age or older on the day of signing the rental contract.
- Young driver fee of 150 NOK/day incl. VAT is applied if the driver is 25 and younger.
The driver must show a valid driving license which allows him to operate the Vehicle. If the licence is not readable in English, the Renter must show an international driving licence.
Driving the vehicle is prohibited for the person (including the Renter):
- Who does not comply with the requirements established by the Car Rental
- Who is under the influence of alcoholic, narcotic or other substances, which
impede consciousness and delay reaction
- Who holds a learner’s permit or a probationary license
- The Renter is responsible for prudent use and careful driving of the Vehicle, and
he or she undertakes to use the Vehicle only according to its designated purposes.
- The Car Rental Company reserves the right to return the Vehicle into its direct possession at any time, if the Renter does not perform the Terms and Conditions of the Agreement, without a refund.
- If the Renter wants to travel outside Norway, this has to be agreed upon by The Car Rental Company, due to insurance and road assistance
- The Car Rental Company is not responsible for the disappearance or damage to property that The Renter or any other party leaves in the vehicle
- At the time of hiring the vehicle, the Renter is responsible for compliance with all traffic and legal regulations for which the Renter is fully liable for the entire length of the rental of the vehicle.
All insurance coverage will be terminated if any of the above terms are breached.
The mileage is unlimited.
If the Renter wishes to travel with the rented Vehicle abroad, it must be agreed on with the Car Rental Company (different toll systems, insurance conditions…)
IT IS FORBIDDEN TO USE THE VEHICLE
- For transport of more people than permitted in the registration certificate or technical specification of the vehicle
- For driving in off-road conditions or on roads that are not designated for the vehicle
- On unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads, or beaches. Travel on these roads voids all damage protection coverages. The Renter will be liable for all damages caused by travelling on unsealed (dirt or gravel) roads.
- The Car Rental Company does not provide any road assistance or repairs when the vehicle is on an unsealed road, this is the Renter’s responsibility entirely to arrange their own assistance
- Interior of the Vehicle is strictly non-smoking. A fine of 2000 NOK will be charged upon breaching this prohibition.
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
- The Car Rental Company will take no responsibility for incorrect Vehicle booked for carrying children.
- Any refusal to take the Vehicle that was booked is classified as a cancellation on the day of pick-up and will not be entitled to a refund.
- The Car Rental Company is not legally responsible for the chosen child seat or booster. This is entirely the responsibility of the Renter.
3) TRANSFER AND RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
- The Car Rental Company transfers the vehicle to the Renter in an operating condition together with the documents required for driving.
- The Renter undertakes to return the vehicle to the Car Rental Company in the place, on the date and at the clock time stated in the Agreement. This is no later than 11 am if not agreed differently in writing.
- Early pick-up and late drop-off are subject to an extra fee of 500 NOK. These are subjects of availability and must be agreed on with the Car Rental Company.
- Failure to deliver the vehicle on the agreed checkout time would result in an extra charge of a full day.
- The vehicle will be delivered in a clean condition to the Renter, who agrees to pay a cleaning fee (current price on benzinicampers.com) should the vehicle not be returned to the Car Rental Company in the same clean condition.
- The Car Rental Company reserves a right to charge the Renter for professional cleaning if the seats in the vehicle are extremely dirty on return.
- The Renter agrees to return the chemical toilet emptied and cleaned from inside and outside. Should the Renter fail to return the chemical toilet cleaned, the Car Rental Company charges 1500 NOK for its cleaning.
- The Vehicle is agreed to be returned with a full fuel tank to the Car Rental Company. Should this condition be not met, the Car Rental Company is authorized to charge the Renter for refuelling the Vehicle. A 25% fee will be applied on top of the fuel bill.
- Wrong usage of fuel is not covered by insurance and the Renter takes full responsibility for the damage and it’s costs to fix it.
The Renter is responsible for the cost of replacing keys which are lost or broken, or for the retrieval of keys locked in a Vehicle. The cost is covered fully by the Renter, regardless of the Insurance package that may have been taken and even if the cost exceeds the maximum liability amount.
- If weather conditions, darkness, place and/or time of the return of the Vehicle do not allow the Car Rental Company to discover the loss of parts of the Vehicle, and/or damage caused to the Vehicle and/or to its parts during the period of rent, or if it is harder to make such discovery due to dirty condition of the Vehicle, location of the damage and/or initial location of the missing parts, the Car Rental Company has the right to demand from the Renter reimbursement of the damage also if such damage is discovered only after acceptance of return the Vehicle.
- The Car Rental Company has the right to demand reimbursement of only such damage which was discovered not later than within 72 hours after acceptance of the Vehicle, under the condition that during that time the Vehicle was not already rented to another person.
The Renter must return the Vehicle in the same condition as it was received. All equipment must be in place and in the same condition.
- The Car Rental Company reserves the right to cancel and refund any add-ons. These are subject to availability.
- Cancellation of the add-ons by the Renter follows the same cancellation policy as the cancellation of the reservation
- All add-ons must be returned in the same condition they were picked up in. Should the add-ons be returned dirty or damaged, the Car Rental Company has a right to charge the Renter a cleaning fee or replacement of the item.
All vehicles of the Car Rental Company have Compulsory Third Party insurance coverage. CDW (Basic Insurance) is mandatory in Norway and covers damage to the driver, passengers, other people’s vehicles and other people’s property.
INSURANCE doesn’t cover:
- Any damage to vehicle, when in breach of a clause in this Rental Agreement.
- Damage due to gross negligence,
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest or riots.
- Water damage to the vehicle.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats.
- Interior damages and damages to the camping parts of the Vehicle (awning, roof tent…)
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle’s transmission, drive and parts that are in or attached to the chassis.
- Damage resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams and beaches.
- For any cost associated with the incorrect use of fuel.
- Damages caused by the wind blowing up a door.
- The cost to replace keys that have become damaged, lost, stolen, or locked inside the vehicle.
- The cost to retrieve or recover the vehicle from any restricted area, submerged, bogged, trapped, or abandoned, unless caused by circumstances beyond the control of the Renter.
- Any loss/damages/stolen personal belongings.
In addition to Basic insurance, the Renter can purchase Full insurance or Peace Of Mind Insurance:
Basic insurance has a self-risk of 16.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 20.000,-). The Renter is liable for the cost of damage to the vehicle or third-party property damage up to 16.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 20.000,-). Basic Insurance covers both damages to the vehicle (CDW) and damages to a third party. This option comes with 24/7 roadside assistance (liability 500 NOK).
- Security deposit authorised with Basic Insurance: 10.000,- NOK.
The Renter can purchase this additional insurance (waiver) with a self-risk of 8.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 12.000,-). This coverage option provides protection for both damages to the vehicle (CDW) and damages to a third party. This option also comes with free 24/7 roadside assistance. The Renter is liable for the cost of damage to the vehicle or third-party property damage up to 8.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 12.000,-).
- Security deposit authorised with Full Insurance: 8.000,- NOK.
Peace Of Mind Insurance:
The Renter can purchase this additional insurance (waiver) with a self-risk of 3.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 5.000,-). The Renter is liable for the cost of damage to the vehicle or third-party property damage up to 5.000,- NOK (VW California Exclusive 5.000,-). In addition to full coverage, the Renter gets free 24/7 road assistance and free change of dates up to 24 hours before check-in (price per day: a.) lower price – non-refundable; b.) higher price – the difference must be paid).
- Security deposit authorised with Peace Of Mind Insurance: 3.000,- NOK.
- Upon picking up the Vehicle, the security deposit must be authorised on the Renter’s card.
- The amount of the security deposit depends on the type of Renter’s chosen insurance package.
- The deposit will be refunded within 10 days after the return of the Vehicle, should it be returned in the same condition as on the pick-up.
- If any additional costs have to be withheld, the remaining amount will be returned after the incident is cleared.
- Additional costs to the rental are all expected and unexpected costs and charges during the rental period including damages, repairs, road tolls, parking tickets or speeding tickets.
- The Security Deposit won’t show up on the Renters bank account as an incoming payment, since it was never charged, but only authorised.
RENTAL OF THE VEHICLE
- The rental of the vehicle must be paid by card or via bank transfer. All prices are in NOK (Norwegian Krone)
- Should the Renter choose payment via bank transfer whose bank does not offer currency options, the Renter is responsible for exchange rate differences and has to pay the difference.
- The amount may be split into two installments, should the Renter ask for it. In that case, the second instalment must be paid no later than 15 days before the start of the rental period.
- All charges are inclusive of 25% VAT (Government tax).
All Vehicles are equipped with AutoPASS electronic devices, so the Renter can have worry-free travel. With these, the Renter only pays for what he or she uses plus a service fee. Several days after the rental period, the total cost + 25% (service fee) will be charged.
The Renter is not allowed to use his own AutoPASS device.
3RD PARTY TICKETS
- Should the Car Rental Company receive a parking, speeding or any other ticket from the Renter’s period of the rental, it is the Renter who is responsible for coverage of the ticket.
- The Car Rental Company covers the costs of the ticket and reserves the right to charge The Renter’s card no matter when the rental period ended.
- The Car Rental Company reserves the right to add a 25% service fee for each ticket received from the Renters rental period.
- A cancellation has to be sent by email to email@example.com
- The amount of the cancellation fee depends on the date of cancellation
- If the booking is cancelled 30 days or more before the start of the rental period, the full amount will be refunded (excluded the 3rd party transaction fee)
- If the booking is cancelled within 15 days before the start of the rental period, 50% of the cost of the booking will be refunded (excluded the 3rd party transaction fee)
- If the booking is cancelled less than 15 days before the start of the rental period, there will be no refund
- The Car Rental Company can cancel any reservation/booking in case of overbooking or any other reason. In this case, the full amount will be refunded without any additional costs or fees.
8) DAMAGE, ACCIDENTS, THEFT & VANDALISM
- The Renter undertakes to immediately inform the Car Rental Company via
telephone of any traffic accident, accident, theft or damage to the Vehicle and/or its
parts, and/or of any other incident that happened to the Vehicle
- The Renter undertakes to record the names, telephone numbers and addresses of
participants in the incident and witnesses of the incident
- The Renter undertakes to cooperate with the Car Rental Company, its insurers and law enforcement authorities in the course of investigation and resolution of legal issues arising from a traffic accident, theft and/or act of vandalism.
- The Renter is responsible for all fluids necessary for the operation of the Vehicle. Checking of oil and cooling liquid is highly recommended.
- Should there be a malfunction of the Vehicle due to lack of the Vehicles’ fluids, the Renter is responsible for covering the damage.
- Any damage to the interior of the Vehicle and its camping parts (awning, roof tent…) is not covered by the insurance.
- The Renter is not allowed to repair any damages on his own unless it’s agreed on with the Car Rental Company
- The Vehicles are fully maintained and serviced, however, it must be recognized that occasional breakdowns and problems may occur.
- In the event of failure or malfunction of the main parts of the Vehicle and its parts, the Renter will immediately contact the Car Rental Company and will follow its instructions. The Car Rental Company shall take all necessary steps to remedy these defects.
- The Rental Company does not refund any lost bookings (flights, activities, ferries etc.) if those were lost due to the Vehicle failure. No alternative accommodation or food items will be paid for during such downtime.
- Note: It can often be difficult to carry out repairs during weekends and holiday periods and/or in remote areas due to limited opening times and/or spare parts
- Note: Most of the vehicles are older types with plenty of mileage, some of them over 300k km. The Car Rental Company does however maintain them regularly and keep them up to the safety standards.
- Any refund for on-road problems will be made at the end of the rental period and will be decided by the Car Rental Company.
- Parking for a night must be taken in a safe place. It’s forbidden to park by a road without any form of protection from traffic. Renter can’t park for a night on a terrain that can change overnight (water rise, muddy ground etc.).
- The Car Rental Company takes no responsibility for accidents caused by the wrong usage of gas, electrical or other equipment of the Vehicle. A complete introduction to the usage of these is always provided to the Renter before the start of the rental period.
- A carbon monoxide alarm is located in each Vehicle and checked by the Car Rental Company before each rental. It is the responsibility of the Renter to oversee its working condition (battery state) during the rental period.
RESPONSIBLE WILD CAMPING
- The renter must leave the camping spot the same or better as on his arrival.
- The Renter agrees to protect water quality.
- No trash, toilet paper or one-use wet towels may be left behind. Faeces must be buried at least 10 cm beneath the ground.
- Do not light an open fire in nature.
- Keep nature clean!
10) PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- By signing the Agreement the Renter allows the Car Rental Company to use his or her personal data, and to store and process the data arising from the Agreement according to the needs of the Car Rental Company, which include statistical analysis, solvency checks and protection of property of the Car Rental Company.
- By signing this Agreement, the Renter confirms that he/she read and accepted the Car Rental Company’s terms and conditions.
- Confirmation, by checking the box on the Benzini Campers website, when making a reservation, is also considered consent.