Booking & follow-up
Our campervan rental base is located in the Sandefjord city. We always come with camper to you.
- Option: Fly to Oslo Torp Airport which is only few minutes drive from Sandefjord. We deliver campervans there free of charge. Simply let us know your flight details and we will meet you there.
- Option: Fly to Oslo Gardemoen Airport and take a direct train to Sandefjord. The train goes every hour and the ride takes 2 hours. Search train: Oslo Lufthavn to Sandefjord Stasjon. We will wait by the train station for you.
- Option: Start your trip from Oslo centre. We will deliver the campervan there for a delivery fee 2000 NOK (excl. VAT). The meeting point is Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, next to the central station.
The minimum rental period is 4 nights.
Category B of driving licence is enough for all of our campervans.
In Norway, you can use a valid driving licence from any country for up to three months. You must meet the Norwegian age requirements.
You must be able to drive a car with manual transmission.
Any extra driver older than 25 years old with a valid driving licence in the B category can drive the car too, for no extra cost.
On the day of pick-up, you must be min. 19 years old.
Drivers up to 25 yo are subject to a fee of 150 NOK (excl. MVA) per day.
To rent a Hero Camper Beluga, you must be min. 25 years old.
Fill up booking information and proceed to checkout. Here, you can choose between:
- Direct bank transfer – your booking is reserved up to 2 hours when you have time to send us a proof of payment. If the reservation is not paid, you loose it after 2 hours.
- Online payment via Stripe – immediate payment and booking.
- The amount of the security deposit depends on your chosen insurance package. Basic insurance – 10 000 NOK, Full insurance – 5000 NOK, Peace of mind insurance – 1500 NOK.
- The authorisation is done automatically or you receive a link for a manual online authorisation.
- It must be authorised upon pick-up. Please make sure you have enough funds on the card you made the reservation with.
Because the deposit is only authorised, not charged, you will not see an incoming amount from us after it’s refunded.
The security deposit is not the same as deposit to hold your reservation. We don’t offer deposit to hold your reservation.
Your cancellation has to be sent by email to email@example.com, together with your name and reservation number.
The amount that you get back depends on how many days prior to your arrival is cancellation made:
- 50+ days – 100% of total amount is refunded*
- 49 – 24 days – 50% of total amount is refunded*
- 23 – 14 days – 25% of total amount is refunded*
- 13 days and less – no refund
* The transaction fee for online payment will not be refunded.
With Peace of mind insurance package, you can change your dates up to 24 hours before check-in free of charge.
In price stated is included everything one needs for a campervan road trip, so you can come only with toothbrush and light backpack.
Check out specification for each campervan. In general it is: camper itself, basic insurance, unlimited mileage, extra driver, independent heater, bed/sofa, sleeping bag, gas stove, cooking equipment, cool box or fridge, USB ports, home cinema (in Ganesh), fire alarm and fire extinguisher. Custom-made campers have insulated walls and floor, roof window with insect net and blinds, cosy lights…
Pick-up and drop-off in Sandefjord or Torp airport.
Yes, every camper comes with a basic insurance with a self risk of 10.000 NOK. CDW (Collision damage waiver) is mandatory in Norway and it covers damage to the driver, passengers, other people’s vehicles and other people’s property.
You can purchase an additional insurance, that will lower your self risk. You can choose from 2 additional packages:
Basic insurance (0 NOK) – Covers both damages to the vehicle (CDW) and damages to a third party. This option comes with 24/7 roadside assistance (liability 500 NOK). Your liability is a max of 10.000 NOK per incident.
Full insurance (125 NOK/day) – This coverage option provides protection for both damages to the vehicle (CDW) and damages to a third party. This option also comes with free 24/7 roadside assistance. Your liability is a max of 5.000 NOK per incident.
- Damage due to gross negligence.
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots.
- Water damage to the vehicle.
- Holes burned into seats, carpets or mats.
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass (other than windows), radios, or loss by theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle’s transmission, drive, parts that are in or attached to the chassis.
- Damage resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers or streams, beaches.
We meet you personally for the pick-up and (usually) drop-off. Therefore it’s crucial to know when and where exactly are you coming.
- Sandefjord city -usually train station or city center
- Oslo Torp airport (not Gardemoen – OSL) – choose only if flying there. We meet you by the car rental offices.
- Oslo city – possible for a fee of 2000 NOK (excl. VAT). Meeting location is Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel by central station.
Time: Pick-up time starts at 14:00 and drop-off time is at latest 11:00. If you have specific request, let us know so we can see if we can arrange it.
Early pick-up or late drop-off: All our guests have the right to pick up the car from 14:00 and drop it off at the latest at 11:00. After securing this for others, we can agree on other time spots for you. Because of our unlimited mileage policy, an extra fee applies.
You can combine only locations which are stated on our website. These are: Sandefjord, Torp Airport and Oslo city.
For example: you can pick up the campervan in Sandefjord and deliver it to Oslo. Delivery fee applies.
There is no mileage limit.
All our campers are equipped with AUTO PASS electronic devices, so you have a worry-free travel. You will only pay for what you use + 20% transaction fee.
The toll system is online and we have the overview of what you have passed a few days after your drop-off.
Paddleboards, bike racks, tent, voltage converter (12 V to 230 V), awning, hammock, guitar, yoga mat, child seats, towels…
You can choose the extras during the booking.
All children under 135 cm must have a specific car seat to travel by car in Norway.
Please contact us for the availability of the car child seat. We offer seats for children’s weight of 9-18 kg and 15-36 kg.
Be aware it’s not possible to turn off the airbags in Marco Polo and Mozart and therefore those campervans are not recommended to travel with children.
Message us if you have any questions on traveling with baby.
You are responsible to deliver the campervan and extras back in the same condition as you received them. However, you can leave the cleaning to us. The cleaning fee is 750 NOK.
Note that if you purchased the cleaning fee and you return the car in an extremely bad condition, we might charge you the fee again. It’s your responsibility to do the dishes and get rid of odours and extreme grease.
*The cleaning fee is not refundable.
You can bring your pet-partner with you. Remember, our campervans are compact-sized, so should be your pet. Please discuss this with us before booking.
Remember to deliver the campervan cleaned.
Yes! If you come to pick up a campervan in Sandefjord by car, you can leave it with us, on our private property.
This option is currently not available.
Yes of course we can help you. We can give you some basic advices on areas where to go.
However, if you wish to have detailed information, request an itinerary from us. It will be personalised and based on your wishes.
- Our campervans are compact, so should be your luggage. Hard suitcases are something that will limit your living space for the whole trip. There is nowhere where they will fit perfectly. Backpacks are highly recommended.
- Distances in Norway are different than in USA or Germany. In Norway, 150 km is 4 hours journey. Don’t plan big, better focus on smaller areas.
During your trip
We receive dozens of unpaid parking tickets. Please take your time and find out how the parking works. If the parking is paid, you must always pay for it! Even though you don’t get a physical ticket, there are cameras and other electronic devices scanning the car at the parking lot.
The fine for an unpaid parking is usually 600 NOK. Should you get one, we charge a transaction fee of +20%.
In the event of car engine failure, call the campervan rental first: +47 463 708 64
After, you can call 24/7 hotline for road assistance: +47 915 03100
In Norway you can camp wherever you want to. Check out more info about right to roam free.
There are over 1000 camping grounds in Norway but in general you can park your camper anywhere alongside a public road in uncultivated areas for one night – as long as it’s not expressly forbidden – look for road signs. The area you park must be safely out of reach of passing motorists and not a hindrance for others. You can also download the “park4free” app which is very useful.
Many of the camping grounds will let you take shower for a small charge. Also some petrol stations have showers. Otherwise, a beautiful crystal clear lake is never too far.
The water tank can be refilled at most gas stations. There are usually water hoses and the water is drinkable. There are also many public toilets with water refills usually by beaches, tourist areas, camping spots or National Tourist Routes.
All our campers run on DIESEL.
Never use avgiftsfri diesel which is for the trucks and tractors. The use of it is even illegal.
Yes! There is a cigarette socket for plugging your USB cables or our voltage converter (find in extras) while driving. In the sleeping area, there are several USB sockets.
For faster charging, you can rent voltage converter
You can, but you have to always agree on this beforehand. Insurance might be limited or not valid at all. Don’t take unnecessary risk.