3 common fears of renting a campervan
We did our best to connect the comfort of driving and life in a campervan in Norwegian conditions. There is nothing to worry about, but we know you must have many questions before your first campervan rental experience.
- Will I manage to drive it?
- Will I find a place to park?
- How big camper do I need?
1. Afraid of driving a campervan?
One of the reasons why we have started to build custom campers and rent them out is, that others are huge and challenging to drive in narrow curvy roads and park in limited places. We have carefully chosen compact sizes, so it is possible to sleep in them, sit up and store all your luggage while they are easy to drive and park anywhere in the city.
The campers are not too long, neither too high and they are a little bigger than your usual car. The comfort of driving is connected with the comfort of living in Benzini Campers. Our guests agreed this is the best campervan option for rent.
2. Place for overnight
Norway is full of opportunities and the best one is a right to roam everywhere in nature (Allemannsretten) as long as you show your respect back to nature. There are some general rules:
- leave the spot as you would like to find it, as it was, as it should be
- keep at least 150 meters away from an inhabited area
- campfire close to or in a forest is prohibited from 15 April to 15 September
- you may pick berries and mushrooms
- you may fish in saltwater for your own use without a licence
If you wish to have a little more comfort or just need a shower, there are more than 1000 campsites to choose from. The real freedom is to find your own place and to try a little bit of adventure.
Helpful might be park4night app where people, like you, share interesting spots they have found. There is always turn to the hidden road on your way that is not much used and leads to a nice secret place.
3. Size matters
What size of a campervan is the best? To get closer to the answer, consider:
How many are you?
- 1-2 persons – Perfect! Pick any van you like
- 3-4 persons – Wolf is your best option
Are you a confident driver?
- No – Marco Polo and Mozart are the best options for you. They are as big as your passenger car.
- Yes – Ganesh and Wolf are a little bit longer than others but smaller than RVs
Do you want to spend much time inside?
- No – Marco Polo and Mozart are good options for you
- Yes – Ganesh and mainly Wolf are more spacious. Ganesh provides home cinema.
Are you claustrophobic?
- No – Pick any you like
- Yes – None camper is that small that you should worry. But Ganesh and Wolf are more spacious, so they may work for you better.
If you worry about anything else, you may find an answer to your question in FAQ, over our blog or simply chat with us on Messenger. No question is awkward and we will be happy to get in touch with you.